Exercise Guidelines And Tips
1. Always wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and appropriate shoes for your activity. Wear clothes made of fabrics that absorb sweat and remove it from your skin. Never wear rubber or plastic suits. These could hold the sweat on your skin and make your body overheat.
2. Wait at least two hours after eating before vigorous exercise.
3. A typical workout should be two or three sets of eight to 20 repetitions for every major muscle group. A set is one group of repetitions.
4. Do Strength exercises on two or more days a week that work all the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms)
5. Exercise only when feeling well.
6. Start off slow. Get used to the exercises and your routine. Beginners should start with one major exercise for each muscle group. As you progress add additional exercises for each body part to fully work your muscles.
7. Try to accumulate 30 minutes or more of moderate-intensity cardiovascular activity each day. You can do all 30 minutes together or through short bouts of intermittent activity (e.g., 10 minutes at a time).
Add strength-developing exercises at least twice per week.
8. Rest is extremely important. Allow your muscles to fully recuperate before attempting to exercise again.
9. Drink plenty of fluids both before and after exercising.
10. Varying your routine is the key to continually improving and making progress. You can vary the types of exercises performed, the number of repetitions, the resistance, the order in which exercises are performed etc 11. If you experience any of the following symptoms, stop exercising immediately: chest pain or discomfort, dizziness, palpitations, or excessive shortness of breath.
12. Typically performing from 8 - 10 repetitions of exercises is ideal for mass building. Performing 11 - 13 repetitions is ideal for general conditioning. Performing repetitions of 14 - 20 generally builds muscle endurance.
13. Apply sunscreen when you exercise outdoors.
14. Do stretching before and after your workout.
15. Find an exercise regimen, instructor, and/or program that you like, and have fun!